Thursday, April 18, 2019

30A) Final Reflection


It was a very interesting semester in general, and different I would say. Definitively, the interviews were the most formative experience for me, especially since I had never conducted so many interviews before, in such a short period of time. It will be one an experience that I will remember years later because they were the first interviews that I did with business purposes. Another takeaway was the writing, I had never written so much before for a single purpose. I have to say that I even type superfast now because of how much I practiced it this semester (I was used to handwriting before). My most joyous experience was how much we all had to communicate wit each other and to see how everyone improved their business idea along the semester. I am most proud of the fact that I was able to go through this class with a perfect score and I was able to do all of the assignments and manage to learn something from them. Because English is not my first language, I really thought that it would be a problem for me.
I do believe that I have opened my mind to a more entrepreneurial mindset, not just because of this class, but because of a series of events that have influenced me. I come from a society where government regulations destroy any motivation to be an entrepreneur, therefore it was something that wasn’t part of my ideology.
I would definitively tell them to work ahead of time. It will save them time and avoid stress, some of the assignment don’t even have to be in order, what I mean is that if you find yourself stuck with an assignment, you could go and do another one in the meantime, and it could even pull the trigger for what you were stuck with. Another advice is to take assignment for real, I know a lot of people simulate their answers and ideas and fake the interviews and comments. If you really want to learn and challenge yourself, try to go for real.
Image result for end of the semester memes

1 comment:

  1. First of all, the picture is gold because it is true and very representative of how I imagine all of us feel. That being said, I have enjoyed reading your posts this semester as they have shown a clear improvement in many areas of your business idea. I do not know about your background, but I hope that you do not currently feel that we live in a world where government regulation will stop you from achieving your goals.

    I am glad to hear you enjoyed both giving and receiving feedback from others. I hope I have been able to help at least once in that process, if not I am sorry if I misinterpreted any of your thoughts or if I did not provide enough feedback.

    I think we can already agree we should've worked ahead more often, but I think you did a good job of staying honest to your idea and not just focusing on getting the grade as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

    Do you think there are any specific methods you would suggest to future students to help stay organized and stay ahead in this course? I started using a calendar that I attend to every day on the wall in my room, now that I have made it a habit I am more organized and better at planning my schedule.

    ReplyDelete