Thursday, March 14, 2019

18) Customer Avatar


My business idea is aimed to customers (B2C). My market segment would be young students (form 18- 25 years old) that live in Gainesville and go to the University of Florida. My customers could be men and women, but I will be talking specifically about guys for this assignment.
My prototypical customer is a young man, that lives in Gainesville and spend most of its time studying. To make it easier, let’s call him John. Because John shares apartment with at least a messy roommate and doesn’t have enough “extra time” he lacks the time and motivation to do all the chores at home, like cleaning and washing. Also, he is a ports fan and enjoys watching football, soccer, the NBA, etc. either at home, or going to the stadium. He drives a relatively new black sedan, which was a gift from his parents, but he has to pay for his gas and some other minor expenses of the car. John enjoys watching Netflix, shows like Game of Thrones, Friends, and The Office are his favorites. He doesn’t have kids, and he is not hurry about that. He is 21 and he wants to enjoy the life now, so he doesn’t regret anything later.
I would say that we have a bunch of stuffs in common, like we like comedies, we love sports and we have the same age. I noticed that we have kind of the same lifestyle, where we are young and want to enjoy life. John drives a car similar to mine. But the most important fact is that neither of us has time to do the chores at home. I don’t think this is a coincidence since I came up with this idea after realizing how useful it would be for me and my roommates to have a service like this. Therefore, I came to the conclusion that my prototype customer would be someone like me or my friends, with whom I share a lot of characteristics.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Enrique, I think you did a great job in painting a clear image of your customer avatar. I personally feel like I know a lot of guys who have similarities with your avatar and clearly could be potential customers. I believe money will play a major factor amongst your customer market of guys with little time to clean and maintain a living space, but I know there are potential customers both on and off campus. I think your comparison between yourself and your prototypical customer is helpful in showing that a lot of guys at UF are in similar positions for different reasons, creating a target market.

    ReplyDelete