Friday, March 1, 2019

16A) My Secret Sauce


1.      I am very people oriented, I think that due to my customer service background, I learned to treat people, and specially a great variety of them. I live by the rule, treat others like you would like to be treated.
2.      I am easy going with math. I think it is something in my genes, because my parents and grand parents all are good at it, and have worked all their lives with numbers, so it is something I grew up with.
3.      I tend to look at all the options to choose the best way to get things done. I like to consider costs, benefits, and time, and what people value the most. It is related to the fact that I grew up in a country where scarcity was common, so I had to analyzed everything very carefully.
4.      I always look for the why, not just the what. What I mean by that is that I like to find the explanation of why things are like they are, especially when it is something that will be part of my life.
5.      I want things to get done correctly. I don’t like to have my name related to a job that is incomplete or that is not good enough. I usually put all my effort to get things done the best way possible and fulfill people’s expectations.


Interviews and summaries:  (links are included in the names, the recordings were edited to reduce time and eliminate some noise )
·        Eduardo: He makes an emphasis on how my skills are very related to a leader and therefore a good manager. He uses terms like commitment, goal oriented, entrepreneur, which I apply in my academic and professional life.
·        Clarisel: She focusses more on my moral and ethical standards and how I apply them in all aspects of my life. She has a very strong opinion about how I relate and communicate with others, endorsing what I mentioned as one of my strengths.
·        Javier:  In the interview Javier emphasize that I always look for the why of thing and problems, that I don’t get comfortable with a simple answer, I look for the reason of why something is the way it is. He also focusses his interview about my caring for my family, friends, and people in general.
·        Teresa: She talks a little more about myself in a way of how organized I am and how I look to excel in everything I do, seeking to learn more and to forward my career. She also commented of how caring and thoughtful I am.
·        Sofia: She mentions how curious and committed I am. She also focusses on my ability communicating with people and maintaining a good relationship with costumers. Lastly, she mentions that. I am a fast learner and I can overcome any obstacle in the way


I think that overall all the interviews are quite similar in what they say about me and agree with my personal description. Endorsing my soft skills, and how people oriented I am, my math skills, and good to make tough decisions. The only thing I think that they don’t mention during the interviews is how I besides being goal oriented, like to exceed to people expect from me. It might be related to the fact that it is something that is more appreciated when big projects are projects are on stake. As I said before, I think that these interviews show from different perspectives who I am and what is special about me. Therefore, I wouldn’t make any correction on my first list.


2 comments:

  1. I appreciated the effort you put into your assignment and I hope everything is going well. Your friends seem like they appreciate your company and honestly think you’re a hardworking and goof person. I know I don’t know you as well but from the times we have seen each other at kickboxing class you seem like a pretty cool guy and your vision is one that is great. I am excited to get to know you more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Enrique,

    I like how in depth you were with your assignment. Your friends had some great things to say about you, and you seem to have taken their input to heart. Each person really highlighted a different part of your personality which is great. We are often told that everyone has soft skills, but the truth is they don't. Embrace them and use them to your advantage.

    ReplyDelete