Monday, February 4, 2019

9A) Hypothesis 2


Who: So far, my prospect clients were full-time students that had roommates and did not have time to clean and organize the apartment. After conducting the interviews, I was able to draw a clearer line between my real customers and people that for some reason are not included within the boundaries. Now I understand that I need to narrow down my market segment and should mostly target those students that at the same time live in bigger apartments (minimum of 3 living together), and that come from medium and high-income families. Otherwise, if these prospects don’t fulfill those characteristics it is most likely that they won’t be able to afford it or prefer to spend the money in other activities.
What: I think that the real need for most prospect is time. It is a reality that most UF students suffer from lack of time, or do not know how to manage it properly. In the case of big apartments, communication is an issue most of the time, leading to fights over who does what. Then, consequently, people find themselves with the need to clean the dishes, the floor, etc.
Why: I think that the main reason why students “within my boundaries” wouldn’t consider my service is because they don’t really care about the cleanliness and organization of their place. It is very common among youngsters, especially if they weren’t taught to do it when they were kids. The other important reason could be because they do know how to clean and fell comfortable doing it, plus they might not have problems with the other roommates.

Inside the boundaries
  • Full time students living in relatively big apartments with multiple roommates (minimum of 3), that do not have time to clean and/or do not know how to do it themselves.
  • To have a clean, organized, smelling good apartment that allow them live in a more hygienic place, easier to find stuffs like dishes and their clothes, smell.
  • Because they don’t know to do it themselves, don’t find the time, or in the case of some guys, they think that it is feminism. 


Outside the boundaries
  • Part-time students (especially if they don’t work)
    People in apartments of 2 or less.
    Low income students
    Who knows how to clean
  • They don’t need a service to clean for them
  • Not enough money
    Apartments are small and is not hard to clean them.
    They have good communication with their roommates and get alone with this type of chore.
    They just don’t care.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Enrique,
    Although I originally found your opportunity very interesting, I admired even more how you narrowed your targeted segment of consumers. I agree that mostly college students with bigger apartments would be more apt to need this opportunity as they struggle to find time to clean the entirety of their apartment. Additionally, I found it interesting that you also narrowed your customers to medium or high income families as they would be more willing to pay for a service like this. Overall I think your opportunity and idea is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Enrique,

    Fantastic job. I agree with Julia, I think you did a great job of narrowing your target market, not just to students but even digging further to find your specific target market in the student segment of the market. I agree with the disputes with roommates over cleaning - I know multiple students on Weaver Campus who have this issue!

    Great idea, I think it has potential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Enrique,
    You did a great job at finding those that may fall outside your boundary. I found it interesting how you discussed low-income families falling outside your boundary. But it may be possible to find ways to make them more inclusive by altering your solution. Whether it be the prices or the specific activity itself. But overall, this is an opportunity that I can see many people using, especially busy college students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Enrique,
    Great job on this assignment! I thought you did a nice job on narrowing down your prototypical customer. I agree with you that with more people living in an apartment, the more likely those people will need help with cleaning. I also agree with Kaitlin on how you mentioned low-income families lie outside of your boundary. This makes sense as low-income households won't want to spend money on a service then they could clean themselves. However, nice job on identifying this opportunity as it is a service I would definitely use myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good even, I believe your product will be successful because of the nature of our society as far as ordering food, people to do your chores, people to come and fix your car, to drive you places, and to get you groceries for you. I think you sold it well and people would like to have their place cleaned and organized. I know sometimes I hate bleaching my whole bathroom and don't get around to doing it. I could completely see someone willing to pay for things like that to be done.

    ReplyDelete