Friday, February 15, 2019

11A) Idea Napkin


  1. My name is Enrique Cabanas and I am at my junior year of my Business Administration degree, with Entrepreneurship as my minor and Pre-Law as my area of specialization. I was born in Cuba where I learned how to deal with some sort of scarcity, and to have an ambition for something better in life. I came 3 years ago with a huge hunger for success and willingness to work hard. I would say that I am a hard worker, with a slight OCD for “perfection”, what I mean is that if I do something, I want to do it perfectly. All my work experience is related to customer service, and it has shaped me as a person and as a professional. I dream to be a great business person. I think that this business is a trampoline in my life. With EZTime, I expect to learn the duties of a entrepreneur and business person and pursue another business idea.
  2. It is a house cleaning service that will help students free up their time by cleaning and organizing their apartments while they can spend their time in more productive things like watching lectures, doing homework, or even working (for those who work). It is also a solution to those conflicts and arguments over who cleans what and when, and everything for an affordable price, below the competition. Prices will range from 40 to 55 dollars, and the service will be delivered once a week, unless otherwise required (it will mean a different fee)
  3. The ideal market segment for my business would be full-time college student living in apartment complexes in Gainesville, specially for those in big apartments of a minimum of 3. Ages usually range from 18 to 25, with some outliers and I expect most of my customers to be males, but not by a big margin. Probably my last characteristic is that these customers are part of medium and high-income families.
  4. Full-time students tend to feel like they lack time to do other thing than study. And it is even worse for those who work on top of that. House chores are a headache for people who do not like to do them. The worst part is that it needs to be done routinely in order for the living space to be comfortable and clean. Usually during weekends is when all these responsibilities accumulate and provoke a bad mood. With my service people can feel more comfortable in their own house, they will be able to boost their confidence (they won’t need to worry about friends or family criticizing their mess), etc.
  5. In my case my competitive advantage is that my housekeeping service will be dedicated only to young students. It will help me create an image among the University students and increase the word of mouth. It is very important that my service will be delivered at a low fee to attract more customers and the cost will be compensated with the structure of the company. By targeting apartment complexes, I will be able to save traveling expenses and time. I will also be able to use the fact that I am a student myself and that gives me advantage to reach more students.


I believe that so far, my business plan holds together very well. I have been able to find a well defined market segment, which was already tested by interviewing multiple people. I actually came up with this idea because I personally have this need, and I think that this service will create value in customers. I know that my biggest challenge will be to raise awareness among my market segment and convince them of trying it. But once people know this exist, it will be demanded.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Enrique, I think you have great potential to use your individual abilities and strengths to make your idea successful. If you can find a way to passionately sell your hard work and understanding of scarcity as part of your credibility in knowing time management, your background will only help your business grow. Use yourself as an example, if people see the benefits of creating more time for studying and working through less cleaning they will be hooked on at least trying your service. When I was purchasing a scooter last year, the man selling me the scooter told me how much time I would going to and coming from class in the evenings, this got me to buy the scooter because the idea of saving time in such an easy and efficient way was very attractive to me as a college student.

    ReplyDelete