Tuesday, February 19, 2019

14A) Halfway Reflection



  1. I would say that this ENT 3003 with professor Pryor has been a completely different experience for me. I am used to take classes where I have multiple exams through out the semester and this is the first class where I don’t have exams, but instead I have multiple weekly assignments. Because of the structure of this class I was able to create a behavior of consistency and constant working. This has helped me with my time management, since doing the assignments little by little and ahead of time is much easier than procrastinating and trying to do it all the last day.
  2. During the last couple of weeks, it has been really hard for me to keep up with the assignments and cupcakes because I have had so many things going on at the same time. I had two exams at the same week, including for my Finance class, which is one of the hardest one (if not the hardest) for my major. Also, I turned 21 this Monday and planned a well-deserved birthday celebration. I had to travel and thought I wouldn’t have time to finish the assignment and submit them. What helped me get through this was that I learned since the beginning of the class that I have to read and be aware of the upcoming assignments well ahead of time. Because I had already started those two reports and because I had learned to give my best, I was able to submit them right on time. I would say that yes, this is an example of tenacity.
  3. I would tell them that consistency is very important for this course. Because of the structure it has, assignments are due every Friday and it is very comfortable to forget about it during the weekends, but then you would have to rush the rest of the week to get it done. I would recommend you start your work that same weekend, and if you finish early, start working on the following assignments, that way you have a cushion for the deadlines. Also, don’t be afraid of asking and interviewing, it is a huge part of this class and it is a key to succeed in life. Last but not least, get things done. It could sound dumb, but it is true and sometimes we tend to set things aside, specially our responsibilities. Find what best works for you, writing down your “to-dos” and do it one by one, or doing little by little, but bottom line, get things done!


Image result for hard work memes

5 comments:

  1. Hi Enrique,
    I found your halfway reflection of this course very relatable. I agree that it has been difficult at times, especially recently, to keep up with all of the assignments because of the craziness of my everyday life. I also agree that some of the best advice you could give someone taking this class in the future is to do the assignments in advance because there are often things that come up that could get in the way of completing your assignments on time. I think that you gave great advice to future students as consistency with knowing the due dates and types of assignments will definitely help them in their work. Great reflection and advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Enrique,

    First of all Happy Birthday! Second, I completely agree that this class requires consistency. One of my favorite things about the course is the fact that the assignments are due on the same days every week, so it's easy to keep up with when you have to do them. For me, I started off always doing them on Friday mornings but moved them to Thursday mornings as I realized how often I would sleep in and end up doing assignments at the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all I liked the meme and happy late birthday. I really liked your view about how you get work done and I hope I can operate this way for the rest of my educational career. I find it hard to keep motivation sometimes and if I would think like this more, I believe that I will have more success. I hope that your vision comes true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Enrique,

    Happy Birthday, I hope you had a great one. Firstly, absolutely love the picture, good choice. I have to agree with you this class has been a completely different experience for me too - I've also never had a class like this one. This class does indeed create consistency and get students used to working towards deadlines frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Enrique, happy belated birthday! I agree with you that having a consistent behavior and completing assignments on a constant schedule is important in this class. Because of the few points allotted in this class and the big amount of assignments, due dates are so important and falling behind can be detrimental. This is also my first time in a class like this and I think it's been really beneficial to me.

    ReplyDelete